Thursday 3 January 2013

Happy New Year with new resolutions (to break)

I wonder how many people manage to see their resolutions through 365 days of the year - do they set achievable goals that they really want to achieve or ones that were simply made to be broken?

We all know that each New year that we see in will have it's challenged for us, yet we wish for the best over the coming months - I for one have usually forgotten that I even made resolutions by the time March pays us a visit.

For anyone who has seen their resolutions through in previous years without falter, I take my hat off to you. This year I have pledged to lose the pounds that I have stacked on in the past four years of my relationship - last year I pledged the same and ended up putting on more weight. That said, my problem is that I don't see my resolutions through to the end. They sound like a brilliant idea when plied with alcohol.

Every New Year I say to myself 'Ok, this year I will save to travel next year'. Don't get me wrong, I would love to go travelling, but at what point do I have the money to even save? Along with rent and bills, I have to eat (granted, probably less than I do) - this leaves little room for saving many pennies to go travelling. Here again I stumble at the hurdle of my resolutions.

This years plan is plain and simple; I want to lose weight and succeed in my new job. I want my family and friends to remain happy and healthy, and the economic situation to pick up so I can start living life as it should be lived.

To everyone reading this post, Happy New Year! Have a great 2013 and don't give up on your resolutions and goals.

Over and out,

Weez

No comments:

Post a Comment

My climb to the top (or at least the idea of it)...

Last year, a good friend of mine took her step-son to climb Yr Wyddfa to watch the sunrise. She had said to me how beautiful it was and that...